About the Information We Collect
- Most of the data and information we collect through our Web site is used only to help us achieve our mission. It is our policy to collect and store only personal information that our supporters knowingly provide.
- From Casual Web Site Visitors and General Users. We do not collect any personal information from users browsing our Web site. When you use the public areas of our Web site you are doing so anonymously. We do collect aggregate use information, such as the number of hits (visits) per page. We use aggregate data for internal and marketing purposes, but we don't collect any personally identifying information.
- From Our Participants, Donors and Other Customers. If while visiting our Web site you register for an event or request other information, you will be asked to provide certain information. In all cases this information is submitted voluntarily. In most cases, we ask visitors to provide their name, title, organization name, address, telephone, and e-mail. This information may be used to contact visitors and verify the authenticity of the information they have submitted. We will only use it when necessary. If you're making a purchase or a contribution, you may be asked for credit card information in order to complete your transaction. Similar information may be submitted to us on an order form or registration form.
- User Lists - Our user list is not for sale. When you visit our Web site you will have the option to join our email mailing list. If you become a participant or donor, your name and mailing information will not be sold to a commercial organization. We may share aggregated demographic information with funders and other organizations. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Credit Card Account Information - We utilize secure transaction methods when collecting credit card information over the Internet. Women's Resource Center does not disclose credit card account information provided by our customers. We submit the information to the appropriate clearinghouse in order to obtain payment. Under our agreement, the credit card service provider will not sell, share or rent information they collect on our behalf.
- Security - This website takes every precaution to protect our user's information. This website does not collect sensitive information such as credit card numbers or social security numbers. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our organizational administrators and webmasters) are granted access to personally identifiable information. If you have any questions about the security of our website, you can send an email to email@example.com.
- Links- This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that WRC is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this web site.
- Email Newsletter - We send our email newsletter to those users who have signed up to be on our mailing list. Every email from WRC contains an option for the user to unsubscribe.